Sunday, August 24, 2008

Your Life is in My Hands Now!


Your Life is in My Hands Now!

I had to interview people to replace me at my job. I've interviewed two,and I have one more to go. I don't know how head hunters do this job.This is so stressful. Knowing you have someone's life in your hands canbe very grating. I suppose some people like having that power. Not me, no sir!

I sat through the first interview talking with the person, agreeing with them, actually liking the individual. The interview ended after 45minutes and I walked them out. I realized, I like this person, this could be the one.

Then, I had to do a phone interview in 30 minutes for the next person. I liked them, the resume and the work they've done is awesome; the answers not so great. I found myself listening closer to this person's answers. I found that because it was a phone interview and not in person I paid attention to details I may have missed because I had a person sitting across from me.

My last interview is tomorrow afternoon - maybe. See, the last person can not come when I have time. So, they asked me to meet late in the day. Um, don't you know no one wants to stay that late in the day ON A FRIDAY? So, I'm going into this interview with that in my head already. That's not a good attitude to take.

I had a friend point this out perfectly when I told her I hate playing with people's lives. She said "That my dear is Karma with a Kapital K!!!" I replied to her "I've been playing in the Karma garden too much lately..." I know that I'm either making a positive thing happen for someone, and something negative for two.

Life is what it is...the one that deserves it to be bad. All I know is that the person that is meant to be here will be in the position I have now. I wish all of them the best of luck and know that their lives will be what they are meant to be.


Blessed Be!

1 comment:

jj said...

An interesting take on the subject. In my job I sometimes interviewed people for any job below mine.... then suddenly I had to leave and now I'm on the other side of the table, and it's a scary place to be. I often wished I could employ everyone - I hope that someone feels that way with me!

Which one did you employ?