Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekends


(Photo taken in Oftersheim, Germany)

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you just want to stay home on a weekend?

I mean stay home and clean, do household stuff, hide from the world and be with those you love - or alone, or is this phenomenon just in my realm?

I came back from Ireland. A land I fell completely in love with, a land I'm still trying to figure out why on earth my great grandfather left; a place where I felt completely at home. Now, I just want to go back - stay there and never leave.

I'm sure vacations hit people like this regularly, but for me it was a first, and a bit weird. Do I still want to go back and live? Sure, of course I do. Will I? Who knows honestly? I know the military installation I work on right now is closing come 2013-2015. So, I will be looking to move. So, maybe!

Because of this feeling though, I have the desire to stay home, in my nest or cocoon - just myself, my daughter and our dog. Hide from the world so to speak. I'm not depressed, just need to gather my reality again.

After all - for goodness sakes - I'm stationed in Germany and I love Europe. I'm still trying to adjust to some of the attitudes and quirks of things here. Seems like I'd have the hang of things here - it's my fourth time living in this land. *SIGH!*

So, this weekend - I'm cleaning and doing crafts - YAY!

Happy weekend all :0) I'm sure I'll be posting photos of the cleaning. Oh joy! hahaha!