Thursday, December 22, 2011

List of delicious love

They seem to be everywhere of late. I am fascinated by them. I’m doing them more often, and having fun. I make them mentally, or do a more artistic journal rendition of them. Any way I’m doing them, and I’m loving it.

So, my lists of foods I’ve discovered and love is as follows:

Acorn squash! Oh, the things you can make with this delicious beautiful squash.

Butternut squash! There are so many things to can make with this fantastic fun shaped squash, or even better roast it, grab a spoon and just dig in as is. OMG! *drooling*

Black beans! Yes, you fantastic little legume I do love you so. You are full of deliciousness, and protein. You allow me to enjoy my life and not miss meat so much. Oh, the affair shall last forever. I eat you whole or can mash you up into a wonderful little dip. I know we met a few years ago, but you are back in my life to stay now.

Amy’s vegetarian frozen meals! Okay, I’d rather cook my own food, but when I’m beat, or my FMS has me beat, I can run to the store and grab one of the delectable little meals and just pop it into the microwave and enjoy the wonderful meal without the guilt of running out and buying meat. Amy dear Amy, you have made me realize that it’s not about meat or vegetarian meals. No! It’s about the flavor you can put into your meals. Thank you Amy! Thank you!

There are so many more vegetables and fruits I’ve discovered lately. I am excited about this new, rebirth, of this lifestyle for me. But I believe my last food to list for now has to be. . .

Chickpeas or garbanzo beans! Oh, like the black bean you are fan-freaking-tastic so many ways. I can sit down with a sliced veggie and just go to town. I’m so happy. I do love you. I love you with garlic. I love you with a bit of thyme and olive oil. Oh, I love you just about any way you can imagine.

I used to dread the idea of not being able to eat meat. Not so any longer.
No!

I find so many wonderful recipes and come up with so many things to make. I have to be honest here though. I woke up today thinking about my family’s chicken & dumpling recipe. I began to fret. I mean – HELLO! It has chicken in it, and I do NOT eat that any longer. BLECH! So, I thought – okay, I can have some vegetarian chicken formed thing. Then, I began to gag – NO! So, I thought well, make it just without the meat, just have dumplings. HAHAHAHA No. That’s not healthy either. So, I figured I’ll just find something to create, something that will still be the ladies in my family, but me as well. So, my new quest is to create a vegetarian meal like chicken and dumplings, something that even my grandchildren will love. (When I have them – I’m in NO rush!)

Life is all about change. At least for this lady it is. I embrace change. I probably welcome it more than some do. I can’t seem to stay in one place for more than three years at a time before I begin to get itchy feet…but this is for another blog. Today, it’s all about the fun of lists and the wonderful foods I’m rediscovering.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for following my blog...love your Flickr photos.
Wishing you a Happy Holiday Season!